Monday, January 18, 2010

Ten Things That Make Me Happy



I was honored and flattered to receive this award from Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms. She's such a sweetie and it makes me happy to know that she enjoys my blog. For this award we are supposed to list 10 things that make us happy and then give the award to ten bloggers who brighten our day.



Ten things that make me happy:

1- Trying a new recipe and having it turn out perfectly.

2- Getting a phone call from my sister (either one)



3- Finishing a project that I'm in love with. I look at it and just wiggle my toes with happiness.



4- Having someone love a gift that I picked out specially for them.

5- Massages (note the plural - one is never enough).

6- Snuggling with my honey by the fire with a bottle of wine.

7- The first snow of the year. Also the first flower of the year.



8- Getting a new book from a favorite author.

9- Having a friend call and invite me out to play.

10- Hugs and kisses from my kids.



Ten bloggers that make me happy (they might have already received this award because they probably make a lot of people happy)

1- Melinda of Melinda's Kitchen Diary. She is my almost sister on the other side of the world. Her thoughtful comments and often hilarious posts brighten my day. And no one knows how to send a care package like she does!

2- Ashley of Eat Me Delicious. Just up the road from me (OK, it's a different country, but I still feel like we're kind of close), she posts a wonderful array of tasty treats, always with an eye for keeping it healthy. Just what I need!

3- Peabody of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. I know she already got this award, but I'm doubling it up because her posts never fail to make me smile, if not laugh out loud. Plus, her blog is a hit parade of amazing, drool-inducing goodies. I have dubbed her Queen Caramel. May she wear the caramel tiara proudly.

4- Tanna of My Kitchen In Half Cups. As above, I'm doubling her award. She is just flat out one of the nicest people I've ever met. Always kind, generous, and with a stealthy sense of humor.

5- Susan of Food Blogga. Beautiful and informative posts. I always feel like I learn something when I visit her site.

6- Grace of A Southern Grace. Her pictures make me drool and her posts make me laugh.

7- Abby of Confabulations in the Kitchen. A little bit of everything, but always keeping it happy.

8- Mama JJ of Mama's Minutia. I wish this woman was my neighbor. Visiting her blog is like stepping into a friend's kitchen for a cup of coffee.

9- A Duck In Her Pond. Every post is a happy whirlwind of food, fiction, and fun.

10- Aimée of Under The High Chair. A former food professional turned mommy blogger. Her posts are a beautiful blend of mouthwatering food and family life in Canada. And I can't resist her two adorable boys.

18 comments:

Abby said...

THANKS! You're so sweet! And I love the pictures of you and the sisters AND the one of your kids. Precious.

It takes a lot less energy to be happy than it does to be angry, and that's what I try to live by. (Plus there's the whole side effect of happiness just makes you *feel* better!)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

hehe, thank you Lynn! Now, you have one from me too at my place!

Barbara said...

Congratulations on your award and I loved ready the about the things that make you happy! I pretty much share all the same things!

Jennifer Jo said...

Thank you, m'dear! So sweet of you; I'm grinning all over.

Finally, a picture of your kids! They look like a hug-able couple of sweetie pies.

Aimée said...

Lynn- you made my day, thanks for the award and the mention. It means a lot.

Lovely list of 10. Now I'm already cogitating on mine.

Peabody said...

The queen of caramel thanks you. Now that you guys double teamed me I will have to do this. :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Thank you so much, Lynn! You make me happy. I hope we can meet one day soon. :)

Big Boys Oven said...

great to know what makes you happpy! thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, try GSM jammer to block all secret transmitters in your room or office.

Melinda said...

Thank you Lynn! I love being your almost twin sister. Alas, I am not such a good blogger as you are. I am a lazy poster. But I accept your award anyway!
Mwaa, Mwaa XX

Katie said...

All that would make me pretty happy, too.... sigh.... Nicely done!

Dharm said...

Congrats on the award! Nice list of things that make you happy!

grace said...

your kids are the epitome of cute, lynn.
and hey--thanks for the shout-out and kind words. one of the things that makes ME happy is to make other people laugh. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Aww! You're so sweet to include me. You're light years ahead of me in cooking, so I'm honored you even read my blog! I love your 10 things. :)

Kitchen Butterfly said...

I can id with a few things on that list eg finishing a project....lovely summary!

eatme_delicious said...

Aw wow thank you Lynn!!! =) I loved reading your list of 10 things that makes you happy. It's great to make lists like that and look back on them when we're not feeling so good.

Elle said...

Wonderful list Lynn! The quilt is gorgeous!!
Perhaps the added bonus of giving an award is getting the recommendations from bloggers you love (like you) for new blogs to visit...plus tag teaming Peabody...LOL...she is indeed the Queen of Caramel!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.