Monday, January 25, 2010

Naan Buddies



Since I was this month's host kitchen for the BBB, I get the privilege of doing the round-up of the Baking Buddies, those brave bakers who picked up their flour and spoons and followed us into the kitchen to make naan. Please visit their sites to check out what they did with this recipe! Good job, all! And if I missed anyone, I'm so sorry. Just write to me again and I'll add you to the list.

January's Bread Baking Buddies:

Kelly from A Messy Kitchen got hers done the same day we posted! And she did a bunch of variations, too.

Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms came up with her own variation.

Rita aka Soepkipje of ipernity made plain and curried, along with some tasty Indian food.

Rachel of My Munchable Musings subbed out some flours and came up with a delicious and nutritious naan.

Karin of Karin's Kitchen boldly tried the curry, even though she's not a curry fan. Or, she wasn't until she tried this.

Family & Food was excited at this introduction to Indian food.

Delta Kitchen decided to go with plain.

Cindy of Cindy Star substituted sweet and sour peppers for the chutney. Brilliant!

Nicole of Bread Butter and Buns did her own thing with raisins, coconut, and nuts, as well as a plain with sesame seeds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tune in tomorrow for a real recipe (yes, it's been a while since I posted one). It's one of my all time favorites, and it's chocolate. See you then!

12 comments:

Karen Baking Soda said...

Great to see many baked with us! Andreas (Delta kitchen) baked naan as well!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

So many buddies baking naan and East Indian dishes.

Astrid said...

I know I am late late late again, my excuse is that I was really feeling poorly yesterday and could not finish my post :/

here it is anyway: http://foodblog.paulchens.org/?p=2909

Thanks for the lovely challenge!

The Blonde Duck said...

I've never had naan.

Barbara said...

Loved checking out the blogs!
And I do love naan. Never have made it from scratch though.

AP269 said...

How do I know who picks the recipe for February? And when will it be posted? Sorry for being so overambitious ;-).

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Yum! These all sound so good. I need to try some when I make dal next!

Maria said...

Naan is the best. I have never made it at home though. I Need to get with it!

Homemade Heaven said...

I miss the challenge, but I did make Naan bread last week - a family favourite.

NKP said...

Wonderful turn out! I am off to visit now..

Elizabeth said...

Once again, I was late with my naan post. (I've GOT to learn to read the fine print. I foolishly imagined I had until 31 January.)

Many thanks for causing us to make naan again. It was well past time for our fix of palak paneer....

-Elizabeth

Dharm said...

I am in awe of all of you that baked Naan! I've said this on the other blogs that I've only ever seen Naan baked in a Tandoor and for you BBBs to do it like this is just awesome!