Friday, November 9, 2007

Wowie

Did you hear that? Listen closely. Clickety-clack, tippity-tap. That's the sound of me tap-dancing for joy.

Why, you ask? Because I won, I won! I say that twice, because I won twice. And I'm so excited I can hardly sit still long enough to type this up.

Today I checked out one of my favorite blogs, Steamy Kitchen, and she listed the winner's of her vanilla bean give-away. I scrolled through the list to see if anyone I knew had one and, wow, that's my name there! I won! Thank you, thank you, Jaden. I will make many delicious vanilla treats and send vanilla scented blessings your way each time I bake.


Also, before I left for my trip in September I entered a contest in our local newspaper. I e-mailed in my entry, not expecting much, but just doing it for the fun of participating. I was blown away to receive an e-mail informing me that I was one of three winners! I won a copy of Nigella Lawson's new book, Nigella Express, a ticket to glide to the front of the line for a book signing, a bag of goodies, plus my recipe in the newspaper. Woo hoo!


Do I tell you all this to toot my own horn? Well....yes. But also to say how great it is to be involved in food blogging. Good things come to those who blog. So, if you've been lacking motivation, wondering why you started a blog, and why you should continue (yes, you know who you are), take heart and count all the blessings there are in the food blogging world. Great people, help with your menu planning, opportunities to stretch yourself and improve your skills, stories that make you smile, and every once in a while, prizes!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blog :)

Anne said...

I'm so happy for you! I'm envious though with your vanilla beans ;)

I'll take to heart what you said about blogging, it motivates me to keep on blogging a bit more :)

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peabody said...

How cool is that. I remember when you gave me the contest info...I being the slacker who was moving did not follow up. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I won vanilla beans too! Fix, I hear everyone else say!
Well done about the Nigella contest.
I enjoyed watching the BBC series of the book for the last 6 weeks. It's finished now unfortunately. The recipe you entered was perfect for the express part. No wonder you won!

Katie Zeller said...

Prizes are good.
I wanted those vanilla beans...but I didn't enter the contest. I figured they'd never survive the journey - and if they did they'd be picked right up at customs!
And the new Nigella book - Happy Christmas a month (or so) early!!!

Gigi said...

Congrats! Well deserved, you write an awesome blog!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Awesome Lynn! I'm delighted for you!!!

KellytheCulinarian said...

And I never win anything! Congratulations.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

jep - Thanks so much for the nice comment. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Anne - You have a beautiful blog with totally gorgeous bakes. I understand why it's sometimes a wait for a post (you're a busy lady), but it's totally worth the wait.

Peabody - I knew you hadn't entered because I won!

Melinda- Thanks and well done to you, too, fellow vanilla beanie baby!

Katiez - Are the customs people mean about stuff like that?

Gigi - Awe, you're so sweet.

My Kitchen In Half Cups - Thanks!

Kelly - your day will come - hang in there!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Congratulations, Lynn!! How fabulous that you won the vanilla goods and Nigella Lawson's cookbook (Nigella Lawson is one of my favorite chefs on television - she's so down-to-earth and fun!) And I couldn't agree more - it certainly is quite a joy to be involved in food blogging :0)

thecoffeesnob said...

Congratulations! :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

I can't wait to see all the great recipes with vanilla you'll make, sweetie!

Dee Light said...

Lucky Girl!!! Congrats!!!

Kelly-Jane said...

Well done Lynn, a double win, now that's good!!

SteamyKitchen said...

i'm coming over to your house for bfast!! tomorrow 9am!

;-)

me want those buns.