Monday, August 20, 2007

I Won, I Won!

When the delightful Fiona of Wok and Spoon announced that she would be picking up 3 packages of Tim Tams on a recent trip to Melbourne and then mailing them to lucky readers of her blog, it was a no-brainer to put my name in the drawing. Free chocolate? Oh, yes!

Tim Tams, you ask? Well, so did I. I'd never heard of them and apparently they are available only in Australia. Perhaps New Zealand. I don't know, having never been to either place. Thus I've been deprived of ever tasting Tim Tams, Fiona's favorite treat.

Great was my surprise and excitement when my name was actually drawn. Woo hoo! I'd get to try a Tim Tam! I hovered by my mail box eagerly awaiting a small package with a sweet souvenir from the Southern Hemisphere. What I got was much more than expected. It was a Value Share Pack! Not even greedy me would polish that whole thing off by myself. There was plenty to go around.



As my daughter set up the photo shoot on the counter, some of my son's toys wanted in on the action. Good thing there were enough that even the cars could share.



The Tim Tams are wonderful. My husband said they remind him of chocolate-covered graham crackers, but the cracker part is more like a wafer. Crisp, delicate, melding wonderfully with the chocolate creme filling and smooth milk chocolate coating when you bite. Mmm, I think I need to go get another one.


When this package runs out I'll either have to figure out how to make them myself or go to Australia to stock up. Thank you so much, Fiona, for this fun treat!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a winner!
I love all the cars sitting around the chocolate bar, eagerly awaiting the feast!
http://bp2.blogger.com/_mJ84K3V1GKo/RsmfLRquA9I/AAAAAAAAAiM/XUDiJL1QPyI/s1600-h/DSC_9029.jpg

Mandy said...

lucky you! Tim Tam is a snack I grow up with, and my favorite is the dark chocolate one. Too bad they are not available in the state. Enjoy yours! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win :) They sure looks delicious. I have to call my Australian friend to send some over to me soon. :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Lynn, that is so nice! Congratulations, I know you'd appreciate it!

eatme_delicious said...

Ohh lucky you. :) I keep seeing people writing about Tim Tams and it's making me really want to try them now!

Kelly-Jane said...

Well done on winning, free chocolate :) :)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

The trucks are so fun with the chocolate! Now I have another craving I can satisfy.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Greg - aren't the cars just the cutest?

Mandy - we are enjoying them. They're terrific!

Cooking Ninja - You have an Australian connection? Score!

Patricia - Thanks, sweetie.

Eatme Delicious - Pop on over and try one. :-)

Kelly Jane - It's not the lottery, but I'm a happy camper.

My Kitchen In Half Cups - Is your craving for the trucks or the chocolate? And do you have an Australian connection, too?

Deeba PAB said...

Tim Tams...yum yum. have had these in HKG too. The kids love them, both the regular chocolate ones and the coffee ones too. Love your site...coz I love baking too, especially cookies and cakes!!

WokandSpoon said...

Glad to hear that the Timtams were a hit! Hmmm, think we'll have to get together to see how we can export Timtams to the US!

Madison Lurker said...

Tim Tams are available in the US. They have been packaged differently for the US market and 'Tim Tam' has been dropped from the name. Three different flavors are sold at Cost Plus/World Markets chains. Just look for the Arnott's brand of cookies.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Passionate Baker - Thanks for stopping by! Coffee Tim Tams? My daughter would be all over those.

Wok and Spoon - Yes, our new business venture!

Madison Lurker - wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the tip!!