Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Quick Brag

Of the many things I'm known for (my full cookie jar, my weird sense of humor, my procrastination), my self-control is not one of them. Thus when I've got something exciting to tell I blurt it out, regardless of the time or situation. So even though this is a food blog, I've got to do a quick brag on my official photographer.

This month the cover of Seattle Sound magazine features a photo taken by none other than the fabulous Sarah Craig of Sarah Craig Photo.

Sarah is gifted in taking pictures of people (weddings, Sr. pics, family portraits, etc) and does the food photography for me as a gift of love. I'm dreading when she gets married and moves out. What will happen to my blog?? Oh sure, she gets a happy life, but you, gentle reader, will get stuck with sub-par food pictures. I guess we'll overcome that obstacle when we get to it. In the meantime, you'll be reading about lots of canapes, appetizers, and treats as we give trial runs to the wedding food.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work, Sarah! I've passed your info along to a friend whose daughter, Lizzie, is getting married in June. I hope they hire you...I know they'd be happy with the results.

--Bruce B.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats Sarah. That's so great!

Btw, Mrs. C, we tried your cinnamon role recipe again yesterday. We don't have a Kitchenaide so Jonathan, my man, did all the dough work by had and then I put the roles together. We added chopped apple to them and they were a huge success with my family.

Thanks again for the great recipe. I hope I get a chance to try your scone recipe soon. Perhaps for Easter.

**doffs her cap and vanishes**

Anonymous said...

Hey now! Greg and I had that very mag in our kitchen just last week. I even complemented the photography as I was talking to Greg. Sara's artwork is incomparable. I only thought of Sarah as I looked at the photo. Nice work Sara!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh you're so nice to me Mom. Thanks!

Lady Di said...

Sarah - heard about the interest from Columbia Records. It is well deserved, and I am so excited for you. Huge congratulations!

Aunt D