Saturday, September 26, 2009

Can You Guess?

I got to do something fun. Can you guess where I've been? Here's a hint:



Can you resist those brown eyes?

Here's another hint:



Wouldn't you love to stroke that soft fur? But I wasn't at a petting zoo. Here's another hint:



Yes, it involved baking.

Need still one more hint?



Yes, I got to bake with Peabody of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody! In our version of Baking -from my home to yours, I got to spend most of the day with Peabody baking. Well, mainly watching her bake. I think I got to break a couple of eggs. That counts as baking together, right?



We talked and ate, discussed blogging and cookbooks, baked three different treats, and took pictures of everything (we are bloggers, after all!).



In case you're wondering, Peabody is every bit as nice as she seems on her blog. And her food is not styled with glycerin and shellac to look mouthwatering, it's genuinely delicious.

Spending time with Peabody is always a treat. You might not live close enough to get to have fun with her, but I hope you can find a fellow food blogger in your area to share a baking day together. Who else is going to understand a cookbook collection that would put Barnes & Noble to shame? Or 12 different sizes of tart pans? Or 6 different kinds of peanut butter in the pantry? A blogging buddy is a kindred spirit indeed.

23 comments:

kickpleat said...

Sounds like fun!I love all the photos. I've never cooked with another food blogger, though it looks like I should give it a try!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

YOU AND PEABODY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jennifer Jo said...

I like the pictures of her taking pictures. I find behind-the-scenes photos comforting, oddly enough.

Valerie Gamine said...

What a fun duo! You make me want to search for someone nearby to bake with, But it's hard to find other people who are obsessed with their ovens. :)

We Are Not Martha said...

How fun!! I love Peabody!!

Sues

Elle said...

Oh I sm jealous! Not only spending tome together but baking together, too. That tart looks great...no, not Pea, although she looks wonderful, too. 12 different sizes of tart pan...wow!

Anh said...

This is awesome!! Both of you guys are my fav bakers!!!

Abby said...

So fun! She always emails me back or visits to leave a comment at my place. So nice!

Glad you girls had fun!

Karen Baking Soda said...

Fun, fun!! Aren't they yet through with building a retreat where we all can rent and be neighbours for a week?

CookiePie said...

I just came from her blog -- you two are both so lovely! Wish I could have been there baking with you. But that tart you made together (yes, cracking eggs counts!) is gorgeous. Glad you had fun!

Melinda said...

Let me know when the house next door to yours is up for sale.
Such a lovely picture of you on Pea's blog.
The tart looks grown up enough for me to like!

NKP said...

What fun!
For some reason I though Peabody was in Canada.
So great that you had an opportunity to bake with a blogging friend in person.

Cakelaw said...

Fabulous - love the photos and the tarts.

Aimée said...

Aw, such fun! Love the photos.

Barbara said...

What a fun day! I bet you both had a ball.
That doggy face is adorable.
And it's fun for everyone to see you behind the scenes taking photos!

Debbie said...

Sounds like so much fun....wish I could have joined in!

sarah said...

Maybe I need a blogging buddy, because I certainly have many many pans, new books all the time, and no one to cook with me :-( I'm thinking of doing some creative baking soon, want to be my blogging buddy?

Dolce said...

Sounds like a day of fun... and great pics !

Scribbit said...

Love your pictures! And sounds like fun to me.

Katrina said...

How fun, love all the pictures. I've got to find me a fellow food blogger close by.
The Rocky Road tart looks de-lish! Love all the action shots of Peabody taking pics.

Unknown said...

You guys must have had an amazing time! Who needs BlogHer, right :P :P

Love the shots of Peabody in action, love the dessert you came up with. That dog is sooo adorable!!

Unknown said...

P.S - When do we get to see the other 2 treats you guys came up with??

Lien said...

That's just too cool to have such a great blogger in the neighbourhood to bake and cake together! Gorgeous pictures (and gorgeous women)!