Monday, October 29, 2007

Tag, I'm It

I've been tagged by Anne of Simply Anne's for a meme - 5 things.

5 Things in my room:
  • My Bible

  • A box of Kleenex

  • Large pile of books to read

  • Basket full of widowed socks who tragically lost their mates in the laundry

  • Queen-sized quilt that I made and hand-quilted - it makes me happy to sleep under it because it's finally done, no longer a lurking unfinished project.



5 things in my bag:
  • Kleenex (are you seeing a theme here? Yes, I have allergies.)

  • Sunglasses

  • Mints

  • Lipstick

  • Businesss cards



5 things in my wallet:
  • Pictures of my kids

  • Punch card for the bread store

  • Blood donor card

  • Costco card

  • Very little actual cash



5 things I've always wanted to do:
  • Go to Paris

  • Sing back-up with a band

  • Be a ballerina

  • Take a history tour vacation across the country

  • Learn to make good pastries



5 things I'm currently into:
  • Quilting

  • Pie making (more on this in another post)

  • Bread making (I'm trying to figure out sourdough and why every cookbook has a radically different recipe for starter)

  • Listening to online sermons from Mars Hill Church

  • Wedding planning


There, wasn't that fun? I'm not going to tag anyone in specific, but if you've missed out on this one, consider yourself tagged and post your 5 things.

13 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Clue: There is more than one way to skin a cat. (now that's not something we want on a food blog)
All those sourdough starters work. Out of all those many ways for doing a sourdough, your biggest problem is to find the one that works for you. That's the only one you need but you have to discover it first.

Anonymous said...

Finally! I spy a quilt! Beautiful.
I remade my pie. It wasn't a fluke, it came out gorgeous again. Dorie's pie dough is very good. I used the whole quince cheese round this time too.
I made a sourdough starter in January last year. I was convinced I was making homemade emergency glue. But it was excellent. I felt like a proud parent the first time it made a lovely risen loaf all by itself. Ahhh.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

what a fun post!! I love the pictures that go along with it :0)

Gigi said...

What a great post! I can't wait to take peek at your pie making :)

Anne said...

thank you for participating! you actually made that quilt? It's so beautiful.

this is such a wonderful post with all the pictures that you've included.

I'll definitely wait for your pie post :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I am intrigued with the pie entry, and thanks for the reminder I will go feed the yeasty beasty.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

P.S. The cookies have been veganized, Lynn - I hope I didn't disappoint!

Big Boys Oven said...

So wonderful!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

My Kitchen In Half Cups - I was wishing as I was stirring my gloop, that you were here to tell me if this is how it's supposed to be.

Melinda - I'm excited to make my apple-quince cheese pie!

VeggieGirl - Good job on the vegan cookies!

Gigi- Pie time is happy time. :-)

Anne - Thanks, sweetie.

Dianne - Keep your beasty happy and it will keep you happy.

Big Boys Oven - Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for wedding planning. I think we need to do more of that and try and figure out some more of the logistical stuff... like what you are wearing!!!

Nora B. said...

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for sharing, it was fun to learn more about you. That's a lovely photo of your kids. A ballerina? I was always too big for that so I stuck to playing the saxophone.

Good luck with figuring out soughdough. My friend have me some starter which I managed to kill....

Amy said...

Oh no! :( The lonely socks.

Aimée said...

Lynn- great post. I enjoyed learning more about you. I am to shy to do the same on my blog, though! My bedroom is a sight!!